PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary Jobs 2013
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 12:24
Asian experience

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am new here. But I thought I would post in relation to the above position. I have a friend who recently worked there, and most of what he said was quite negative. The positive points where one you get a 139 type rating, if you have not flown internationally then the experience is good and you get a lot of time on the aircraft. The negative side is they have a lot of pilots leaving every year, roughly my friend said out of 30 pilots, 10 leave per year. The reasons he said were mainly due to money, because where they are based it is getting very expensive with cost of living and the housing subsidy for a single pilot is very low that you cannot afford anything descent. Also he had medical problems and that the company policy does not cover anything near in the medical costs for an international pilot, and they say that they have loss of licence coverage, but he found out that that the company changed the policy and that if they can prove you can do any form of work like sit at an office desk then they will not pay, luckily he is not there anymore.
But saying that if you want a 139 type rating go ahead, you will get lots of time.

Asian exp