PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old roster BEA
Thread: Old roster BEA
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 11:10
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old roster BEA

Hi there,

My Father is ex BEA/BA cabin crew and flew from 1964-1980 from Manchester on the Viscount/Vanguard/BAC 1-11 and Trident fleets. He then transferred to Longhaul B747 at LHR from 1980-1987.

Unfortunately he now has Alzheimers but I have followed in his footsteps and now fly for Flybe out of Southampton. One of the topics of conversation that often comes up between us is how work patterns/rosters etc have changed over the years but unfortunately his memories are hazy and he doesn't have any of his old rosters. I was just wondering if anyone who was BEA/BA shorthaul at Manchester still has any rosters they could share so we can chat about his work at the time. It would bring back some nice memories for him and also give me a fascinating insight into where and when he was flying as I was growing up.

I sometimes feel that in flying for Flybe to Palma, Manchester, Amsterdam, GLA, EDI, Malaga etc I'm actually working for the successor to BEA but it would be interesting to be able to make a definitive comparison!

Hoping somebody could help.

Thanks again,

Desk-pilot - feel free to PM me if that's easier