PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2003, 18:28
Hoots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few thoughts

Firstly, not everyone will always be pleased.

There was more in this package than i expected but some of the recommendations may be a long way off.

For the empowerment of MACR, who will become employable in SO3 slots etc. where are they going to get them from. Our lordships wont take guys from the front line to go sit at a desk.

I'm sure the MACR will enjoy the extra ACR's they will have to complete as WSOp leaders or whatever they will be called.

For any recruiting types down at Cranwell reading this your latest WSOp recruiting material is still way off the mark. For those who havn't seen it, it goes on about marine patrol aircraft and oil and gas installation surveillance. But it is very PC and EO. This is one area where the MACR need to get into and sort it out. The idea of AA, oops sorry NCA being involved in the recruiting process makes sense as some of the old duffers down there havn't got a clue.

Now as for the PA spine, i'll reserve judgement till I see the details and consult a financial advisor, if I ever get selected for it that is.

The biggest gripe has got to be the flying pay scandal, whether it goes up for NCA or down for the commisioned chaps matters not. The fact that it will have taken 7 years to implement is a bit of a joke. I'm sure some computer geek could have sorted that one out, or was there too many corners cut with the origional software to cut costs? The worst case i suppose is that the officers flying pay comes down to our level and I bet it won't be backdated to 1998, if you see what i mean. One thing that could have helped on the flying pay side was making the time between initial, middle and higher rates equal. Your officer gets his middle 4 years after his initial and higher 4 years after his middle, correct me if i'm wrong. While you wait 22 years for your top whack, so where is the equal opportunities in that one for additional pay.

I'll still be in till i'm 55 as I still enjoy the job, but certain aspects of this study may be a little divisive and I'm sure it was the same with the officer FRI's.