PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 09:45
alogobotur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an layman in this area, but I've been intrigued by this plane crash, so I have done some researches, in order to explain to myself what had happened up there.

So, what is the situation with the AP? As I understood after the ice on pitot tubes melts, speed indicators went back to normal. Was it possible in that moment to switch on the AP? What is the procedure with AP switching on?

Was the plane simply falling from the sky, or it had also some horizontal speed? As I read the passengers were aware of the plane's loss of altitude?

After the ice from pitot melts (30 sec from AP swiching of, if I remember), all of the cockpit indicators worked normaly and there was absolutely nothing wrong with them?

Was there any chance of recovering the plane if pilot increased engine power, or it was already on maximum?

Why the captain did nothing about stall alarm? I can understand that pilots thought that it was false alarm, but when captain entered the cockpit, he had not any knowledge of what has happened. He entered, the pilot told him he has no control of the plane and the stall alarm sounded again. He never said anything about the stall?

Are the published transcripts full version of what were being comunicated in the cockpit?

Sorry if I am beeing boring to all of you experts