PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 07:50
Aporrizaje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok,things are getting a bit weird here.
First of all let's remember that what's posted here are individual opinions and do not necessarily reflect SEPLA's or BALPA's .
As far as i know relations between said unions are fine,and i'd rather they stayed that way.We have plenty of enemys and few allies as it is.
BALPA has not breached any agreement with SEPLA,period.
When i thanked BASSA for their support i wasn't trying to point fingers at BALPA or meddle in the can of worms that BALPA/BASSA relationship appears to be.Not my war...
We might really need BALPA's goodwill in the near future,so apologies if anybody felt offended.
As for the merger's goal,the pensions deficit etc...we will know soon enough who's right or wrong.Things are moving quickly.
As a parting shot:
-IAG's proposal to SEPLA includes free growth to IBxpress(without IB pilots),315 IB pilots fired,23% initial cut to those who stay(progressing to a lot more) and no compromise as to future plans.
-To sum it up:
They fire 315 pilots now(newest).Another 300 retire in the next couple years.
Meanwhile Ibxpress/Vueling grow (SH and LH too...).And the remaining IB pilots can be fired cheaply with the new Reforma Laboral(20 days per year ,max 365 days of your LAST year income).
Slap an IB sticker on those Ibxpress/Vueling airplanes and it's game,set and match for the slick suit guys.
We are not just talking when we say we will fight to the end,got nothing to lose really.
I'm out of this thread,thanks to all that wish us well and same to you!.