PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long Haul Exhuast
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2003, 17:52
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, but that night the Amazonian Rain Forest gobbles it up and spits out Oxygen again. So if the Brazilian farmers are burning up the rain forest, shoot a farmer and it's all in balance again. And as for all them cows........methane! My Word, the methane!

I've come to the personal conclusion that all this 'man-made pollution- we're poisoning the world' green philosophy is nonsense. Several volcanos or one super volcano will spit out more pollutants than mankind can. All the animals in all history happily producing all the methane they can (and I have to admit I have been known to join them on occasion) don't seem to have had us choking yet. Ice Ages come and go quite happily of their own accord, probably all to do with sunspots or the precession of the poles whatever- mankinds involvement is negligible. But it doesn't fit in with current Green philosophy ('it's all OUR fault, we must get out of our cars and ride bikes'). I shouldn't worry about it! By the way, what was the question again?