PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 27th Feb 2013, 04:55
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Groan) - Not the ATSB, again!

I would dearly like for someone representing the once glorious ATSB to sit up straight, look at the panel and answer the questions in a straight forward manner; the way some of the best investigators do at Coronial hearings and other important events. I have seen some of the 'gooduns' take some real heat from barristers and the like. Truth – self evident; expertise – shining through; common sense answers – crystal clear. Why can't they do the same now?, or better still, move over and let someone who dares, or who knows what they are about answer the bloody questions.

Why is there always a long delay in providing critical safety information to the public; is the system being played 'fast and loose' to suit a preordained purpose?

Why does it appear there are so many apparent breaches of the TSI Act; is the system being played 'fast and loose' to suit a preordained purpose?

Why does it appear that confidentiality is breached on a regular basis; is the system being played 'fast and loose' to suit a preordained purpose?

Why is there an industry wide perception that the FOI Act is being played 'fast and loose' to suit a preordained purpose?

Why are reasonable doubts and questions from senior, experienced ATSB people ignored and why are their written objections kept silent; is the system being played 'fast and loose' to suit a preordained purpose?

Why are the ATSB perceived as a well trained lap dog to the CASA master race, where's your pride?; is the system being played 'fast and loose' to suit a preordained purpose?

If there is nothing to hide, wheel in your top boys and let them tell the truth. An international disgrace since Lockhart and all they can do is sit in front of the Parliament, squirming, spinning and saying Reason is 'old hat'.

Sit up straight man, face the questions and try to find a probity pit stop along the road perdition.

We are all in business of avoiding repetitive accidents, we are in the business of accident prevention. We are part of the safety business – where, in all the hells are you???

There now; I feel better – but I doubt I can stomach another two hours like the last sessions; sheeit, I'd rather watch My Kitchen Rules or even bloody Downtown Abbey FCS.

Argh! - Steam off.