PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 27th Feb 2013, 02:21
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muppets on stage Thursday

The Beaker and Deputy Beaker will be getting briefed today on some of tomorrows questions and likely scope of inquiry.

I can see Head Beaker now, lips quivering, eyes bulging, mi mi mi mi-ing at the Senators non tautological questions. It should be a robust afternoon session because Sen Heff tends to get more grumpy during the later sessions, I like that.
I hope none of the Senators pose hypothetical questions about 'mid airs' as this will confuse the Beaker. Then again, Sangers and Sith Mrdak will be there with bits of script and notes for him, a type of prompt card system.

Do the Senators have some surprises in store for those taking the stage? Any bets on surprise questions?
Will the Senators review the list of questions on notice and seek full explanation and updates from Team Beaker? Any bets on how many questions Team Beaker will take on notice?
Will the Beaker be able to explain why his men have lost complete and utter faith and confidence in him?
Will the Beaker finally fall on his sword and take another bureaucratic spin role in some non-descript department where he can dutifully ply his trade massaging and polishing somebody else's 'facts'? Not likely, yet, but here is hoping !

And finally, should the Beaker finally concede to how incapable he is and 'exit stage left', would the government bring in a more suitable ATSB Chief who has experience in transparent investigations, who has experience in investigation techniques, methodology and searching for improved safety outcomes that benefit everybody? Would the government hire an astute leader who has the ability to gain a measure of respect both at home and internationally? Would the Government be content to mitigate this palpable situation by hiring somebody who can accurately rank and classify an investigation at the correct level and not fudge the figures? Would the Government appoint a non political contender for the role, say consider somebody such as Mr Alan Stray perhaps??

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 27th Feb 2013 at 02:26. Reason: Spotted Miss Piggy at a trough!