PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 01:36
Mediums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetpilot213, From what I can tell by your post, your office job gave you a housing allowance that far outweighed the one Cathay Pacific is offering you currently. Also all the problems you mentioned about Hong Kong were not there before and somehow CX has managed to bring all those into your life as well. Learn to adapt and learn to manage your money better.

I will say that the pollution in the city areas is much worse but nothing too serious that you end up dead in 10 years. There is a magical place called Sham Shui Po to cater to all your hardware needs for super cheap.

I'll make it very simple, HK can be the most expensive city if you make it out to be that way. If you expect to eat out at fancy restaurants daily then you have noone but yourself to blame... You can learn to fly a fancy jet but can't learn to cook. If I make the cut I'd accept right away. The whole world's economy is going to **** and noone is going to pay to train you and then hire you afterwards. There are people in HK living on HKD 5000 a month or less.