PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any news on Barrier? Minus the drift.
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2013, 23:14
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Creampuff of course the Fed Judges are aware of those principles. However as your post pointed out the Federal Judges did not rule on the content of Butsons allegations, they declined to hear argument on the grounds that, as pleaded, he did not have a case to argue. Hence they did not entertain the case.

I would welcome some comment on my opinion that if this approach continues. It is all very well talking legal niceties, but what happens if someone believes they have been seriously wronged and decides to take matters into their own hands?

To clarify what I mean; the reason we actually have a legal system at all is to prevent the feuds, vendettas, murders and arson that blighted communities for centuries and which Shakespear alluded to in Romeo and Juiet. If the legal system and the Regulator are percieved to totally stack the system against the little guy then we could see some "unintended consequences". The least of which might be a GA strike.

As to Barrier and its alleged transgressions, CASA appears bent on killing the business. The Federal Government paid $67 million to Pan Pharmaceuticals after a civil servant tried to do the same. This could all get very ugly.

$67 million a Pan Pharmaceuticals painkiller | thetelegraph.com.au