PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2013, 22:18
johnrizzo2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People seem very confident that SFO will be launched, I have dought even though they have the A332 available to do it. The JFK schedule above doesn't work out as its all A333 and EI will not drop to A332 to make SFO work, now it is workable but not as posted above.

1 - New YYZ service will reduce pax on ORD
2 - New SFO will have major affects on there ORD service and not that EI will be concerned it would quiet possibly spell the end of IAD with United.
3 - SFO has major costs involved and I don't think it will be profitable for EI if they restart it and as said above it will reduce profitability on other T/A routes
Mueller has previously said that theyve pulled West Coast, but will return. I think this is where the optimism is coming from!

A YYZ service would reduce pax on the DUB-ORD route, which would mean the additional 4 weekly flights operating this summer, wouldnt be needed.

All of the rumors are all just that for now...rumours! But, a lot of them make sense. Adding the 757's for SNN and to use on a new route ex DUB make a lot of sense. The aircraft are being added through the least risk method. If they dont prove profitable, theyre not stuck with 3 aircraft sitting idle!

Was there not once rumours of United operating a DUB-SFO route ?
The minister for tourism was ''in talks with United'' about a West Coast service. United has a decent presense in Ireland, and probably carries a decent amount of pax to/from California via EWR, IAD and LHR, without adding their own service