PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR malfunctions for beginners - a refresher lesson!
Old 26th Feb 2013, 20:51
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Victor Papa: chill out for goodness sake. I'm not slagging the bl**dy squirrel off, far from it.
Secondly my comments re the 350 are and remain outside the main thread. IF newbies had read this first post only as it was meant to be read, there would have been no reference to the 350.

Why can't readers appreciate this post for what it is - a beginners introduction only. If people like you want to make a meal out of it, go to the other tail rotor thread.

I've flown the Gaz and the twinstar for thousands and thousands of hours. I have 11 types on my licence, twins and singles and all but 1 of them drive their TRGB from the MRGB!

My observation is: why does an a/c designer complicate matters by driving the TR from the engine?
If you drove it from the MGB, you wouldn't need to worry about hi speed shaft failures as the MGB would carry on regardless and drive the TRGB. No need to design in coll anticipators/fadec bypasses/overspeeding FPT's - call it what you want. Shaft fails, enter auto, the end.
Whats strange is Aerospatiale built both the Gaz piece and the As350??

You seem to know everything - answer this?