PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2013, 19:37
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are/were the pilots? Post #929

There's a lot of lovely interesting data and tech details here on batteries which do and some which don't.

I reiterate my question in the referenced post, where was the experinced old lag from the line who is one of the guys/gals who have to daily get airborne and risk their asses with this kit?!

You can argue all you want about cells and loads and fireproof boxes and other protective devices, but the opinion of posters, some of whom I suspect are aircrew/pax, seems to be "no gov, go back to the drawing board, I refuse to travel in it!".

Maybe those from the design team, if they're reading this thread, would like to give us a breakdown of the qualifications of those on the team, and whether it included an INDEPENDANT line pilot who was NOT employed or otherwise beholden to the company.

Eagerly awaiting this info, but without much hope.

In 42 years in military and civil aviation, I have met ONE pilot who claimed to have been invited to a manufacturers facility, in order to play with a bench version of the latest widget being proposed and to offer feedback.

Maybe I oughta get out more, but I'm still busy reading others' incident/accident reports so's I can better detect early when the holes in the cheese start to line up!

Are there any other airframe drivers out there who agree with this opinion/query?