PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should PPRUNE have a buy/sell facility?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2013, 18:15
tail wheel

Received 213 Likes on 116 Posts
As I explained in detail to HappyJack, a selling site is not the space we occupy. No different to EBay not providing a discussion forum?

My replies to HappyJack:

If we permitted your thread we would be innundated with threads that were neither professional pilot news nor rumours.

Almost daily we remove threads: "which flying school", "where can I get a job", "sell my headset/study books/aircraft etc". This is not the space PPRuNe wants to be in and is not of general interest to our Members. If the threads remained eventually they would drown out our genuine aviation and professional pilot news and rumours to the point we would become a poor immitation of EBay, without the EBay income!

There is another aspect to consider. This site is funded by adverts and in respect to the genuine hard cash the advertisers pay, we have a very strict rule that nothing even remotely looking like an advert appear as a thread in any of our forums. The only possible exception may be where we promote a charity or aero club air show for example, but even that must be with prior PPRuNe approval.

I hope you understand.

Tail Wheel
We are simply not in the selling game. There are numerous other sites which offer a selling service.

Advertising and offering goods and services for sale introduces an entire new range of publisher legal liabilities and responsibilities, particularly in Australia and parts of Europe.

PPRuNe is and always will be a professional pilot discussion forum.