PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2003, 16:00
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

WarmInTheMiddle

I am engaged to age 47 as a result of being ground crew before becoming aircrew. I have said all along that I cannot wait until age 47 to leave. Indeed two years ago this month I was about to PVR. They decided to pay me 2 x £5K to keep me in until 01 Apr 03. Since then I have been given the usual carrot of wait one more year, secondary re-engagement is very competitive etc. It's just around the corner!!

I have waited to the last possible moment to leave. For the record, it's not about a lack of bonuses in the review. The review was the last piece of my jigsaw puzzle of life. A bonus would have kept me in obviously, but as an ageing commodity I have to leave before I am considered to be to old to employ. Even now in my chosen second career I am considered to be over age by some of the companies involved.

Age 47 is probably THE worst engagement the service ever offered to anyone. LOS 30 isn't much better either, means I will exit at age 48!!

I don't particularly want to leave, but I have been boxed into a corner with no way out. I would be happy to be extended to Age 50 or 55, as I would not have to worry about a second career. But then the ball isn't in my court.

I have a question: Are there any Airmen Aircrew out there engaged to Age 47? If so could you please e-mail me? Thanks.