PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can BEng Graduates become B1 Licensed Maintenance Engineers?
Old 26th Feb 2013, 12:38
philw492

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Turin the problem is the only way to learn the job is to do the courses or an apprenticeship. I have had a massive amount of luck already to gain a place getting experience during my holidays. But every other person and airline I have emailed has told me they can't help. How do you expect anyone to learn the job if they get turned away?

I know I haven't scratched the surface I never claimed to have known everything about it but I have gone and got as much experience as I possibly could so far because of the limited amount of experience opportunities available.

The fact of the matter is airlines offer the courses/apprenticeships to gain B licensed engineers. With this qualification and type-ratings you can legally work on aircraft. Airlines want B licensed engineers, there is no other route in and there is nothing wrong with the 3 year B licensed route otherwise what's the point in airlines offering it and spending all the money on training people?