PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight International and Future A350 pilots `learn by doing`
Old 26th Feb 2013, 04:47
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
Some operators do include info about aeroplane's behaviour in alpha protection mode and give their crews hands-on sim training in it, some just don't, wishfully hoping the dry information contained in FCOM will be absorbed by the crews.
Problem : FCOM is sometimes that dry that the quote from NTSB AAR/10/03, pages 97-98 is just not into it, and even Sully did not seem aware, but that guy could be just another concierge after all ?

As designed, the airplane did provide maximum performance for the weight and configuration at that time, but prevented the pilot from taking advantage of his experience to optimize the flare for the best possible touchdown.
But please give me the debrief on alpha, speed, flighpath and RoD numbers in report that I see where I'm way out. You may add the attitude as well ...

Even if we accept there was secret organization that tampered with FDRs, there is still that all too infamous video which pretty vividly shows just what was the energy state of the aeroplane before she made controlled flight into trees.
Watch the video as your own convenience but the FDR data, tampered or not, already pretty vividly reveal a margin to get to alpha max and a real opportunity to not get stuck into the trees.

I'd estimate number of sleepless night at Toulouse caused by PPRuNe critics to be between 0 and 0.001.
Not a mere critics delivered by a mere ppruner ... but what could be critical info directly from Clandestino - Don't be shy now, give them that call.