PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Of course I can land in your front garden
Old 11th Feb 2003, 14:27
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STOL

I invite everybody to read Surely Not's post - bang on the nail!

I wonder if any of the sad people who frantically contributed on page 1 - now waddling around with their pants down around their ankles looking really silly for posting such puerile drivel - have finalised their offical report on the Shuttle tragedy and sent it off to NASA for their final edit and publication?.

The Private Forum - in my view - is starting to get boring, principally because it seems to attract too many dull, boring f@rties with nothing of interest to say and yet who are quick to criticise and quite content to base their stupid arguments on assumption and value jugements.

Can I appeal to you interesting guys who have responded positively and intelligently to my thread to come up with some topics for lively debate? Hurrah for guys like you!

It is you guys that will keep this forum alive. I have to say, I don't visit it often these days - you'll find me mainly on the History and Nostalgia Forum.

For the record - The Auster pilot is highly skilled, current and operates his aircraft in the way it was intended. It isn't 'the 4x4 shopping car' that never goes off road.

I think that this event was highly amusing and reflects a spirit that regrettably seems to be dying off (or in the case of our dreary page 1 posters - has already turned its toes up.)

HP