PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F15 Court Martial (Merged thread)
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2003, 14:09
Steve Davies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Press coverage

I am the UK correspondent for an international aviation magazine and am currently writing an article on these unfortunate events. I must say that I am saddened by the lack of national press coverage that this case is receiving, especially given that there are certainly signals that this CM closely resembles a witch hunt.

I am a licensed helicopter pilot, so I do have some knowledge of the responsibilities a pilot must accept when flying under different types of ATC service. However, I would like to ask if any Mil ATCO would be prepared to meet with me or speak with me on the telephone in order to allow me to make absolutely sure that I know what I am talking about. I am particularly keen to understand specific mil regulations concerning RIS.

It is likely that the CM will have ended by the time my article goes to print, so I don’t believe that anyone who might want to help should worry that their actions might be counter-productive in a ‘trial by media’ sense! I take myself seriously and would hasten to add that I write for a magazine whose readers are discerning and far from interested in sensationalistic journalism.

I am doing my due diligence and am talking to official spokespeople from both the RAF and USAF as well – I intend to produce a balanced feature that tells the story how it is and leaves the reader to draw his/her own conclusions.

If you would be prepared to help then please e-mail me: [email protected]