PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2013, 14:50
Proviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breaking radio silence a little here, but this is an update to our last post:

I'm very receptive to the comments on here in an aim to keep service standards high. We're one of the only internet-based businesses to have had a thread started, while a lot of our competitors have avoided this. So we have to face the music! I'm sure all mail order companies have problems from time-to-time; we can only respond to the main concerns here. I for one set out our service levels based on my own experiences- good and bad, with internet (especially aviation and marine) e-commerce stores.

High-value orders: Such as the Dynon order and Clarity Aloft- we have a traffic light system from our payment processor. These often raise 'red light' concerns and we hold despatch and request billing details from customers. There is a lot of fraud in electronics at the moment, and we have been stung more than once. We regret any delay this causes, but it's always to protect the cardholder. We normally email customers as soon as we receive the order and ask them to confirm their billing address. This pretty rare however.

Our warranty service for repairs is comprised of extended warranties, and a commitment to free returns. For high value items we'd arrange a collection, repair/replacement, and return. For headsets, GPS, and essentials, we also try to loan out equipment so you don't go without.
We're still stretched on manpower, so warranty requests have been picked up slower than I'd like- we're issuing a new email address to catch warranty requests via the site, and enable us to intercept these as quickly as possible, using technology a little better!

As usual, we'd appreciate any concerns or requests for info to be directed to our orders email address.

[We permit these factual responses to customer complaints posted here, but will not allow this to include self-promotion in the forums. Paid-for advertising is, of course, encouraged. Mods]

Hope to go on serving your needs well in 2013. All the best. .

Last edited by Proviation; 3rd Jul 2013 at 08:39. Reason: Ommission