PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2013, 13:21
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, English is not my mother tongue so I am probably missing something - why the tone when I fully agree with you?
My apologies, I also speak three languages and make mistakes in the other two so I fully understand where you are coming from. I obviously misinterpreted the tone.

Unlike the Unionists who are posting on this thread who would like nothing more than to see the whole insdustry nationalised so they can return to their brotherhood of Union power under Our Master McKlunky, most of us who post on here are realists.

I mean it truely when I say that I feel for anyone loosing a job in this current environment. I have taken a pay cut and seen my income decrease relatively over the past few years, the same as my colleagues. Unfortunately it is the nature of a service industry in difficult times.

Will I maintain a 'stiff upper lip' probably. If it were to come I would either change company or change job. It may come, I'm getting too old now to justify jumping ship again. I have other abilities and qualifications as, in the past, I too have been subject to uncertainty over employment.

The plain fact is that IB cannot continue 'as is', eventually the money will run out and you would be faced with a situation similar to AlItalia where the AOC is revoked, a new AOC under a different name is issued and new 'take it or leave it' contracts are sent only to those who the company deem they want back. I have seen it happen to friends in Italy. It isn't pleasant.