PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2013, 11:24
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should read 'readjusted the target by £30 million, in order to ensure agreement could not be reached, thus giving us an opportunity to unleash a massive amount of hatred on our loyal hard working cabin crew.'
Nope. BASSA didn't make the deadline for 'negotiation' (remember that word?) that ALL the other groups did. Hence the savings amount required was increased.

It's interesting to note that ALL the other departments demanded that BASSA agree to savings BEFORE they would implement their own. I wonder why?

Percentage wise cc cost savings demanded were far far higher than that demanded from other departments, even before the goal posts were changed.
Yep, because, 'percentage wise' CC costs were far, far higher than the going rate for CC in like for like companies. Th T's & C's were still comparible to those 'granted' (not hard fought for as BASSA likes to spout) after privatisation. Leave it too long to modernise and rationalise and the adjustment is very painful. As IB are now finding out.

If you want a lesson in obfuscation, have a look at Wurblesturm's post. Not at all relevant to the topic.
You brought up the irrelevant facts about 'income' not me. I merely wanted to allow the other readers to understand that the pension schemes have benefitted a few whilst the remainder have lost out and your 'headline figures' don't stack up.

The pensions benefits for CSD's from the same period were equally as generous I seem to recall. Add to that their kitchen fitting businesses, brothels and Internet businesses and I'm sure the BASSA members 'incomes' are doing fine.

The relevance of all of this is that some posters, with a pathological hatred of Flight Crew, will post any rubbish they can to twist, turn and distort the truth to fit their own frame of reference. Simple fact is that IB is losing 1.5 million euros a day and something MUST change. Arbitration will be to try and stem the job losses in the current economic environment. Possibly it may succeed but it will only do so at the price of rationalised pay structures and working practices. It's better than being on the dole.

(and I don't have any free shares from the company thanks)