PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2013, 09:35
SetStandard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One slight problem if you hadn't noticed - yes it's dispute time in IAG and I'm not going to get stuck or pay £320 so I'll travel on EZY for £168. Doesn't take many brain cells to work out EZY will be laughing all the way to the bank - that's the result when your competitor take strike action!

All you are doing is strengthening IAG's competitors. The reason EZY can charge £168 is because the haven't got people like you working for them declaring is "dispute time". That is precisely the point. The very thing you are striking over (and further weakening the company) is the main reason why an airline the size of EZY is dominating that market. EZY have much lower overheads and so can afford to charge much less for a ticket!

So not only are you weakening the whole company by promoting a strike, but you are actively giving money (I'm assuming your unions money, because I doubt you would do this if it was your own personal cash) to your main competitors. These competitors are exactly the reason why IAG/BA/IB can't afford to give you what you're striking over!

Are you and your ilk actually for real, or are you all secretly employed by Easyjet, Ryanair and Virgin?

Words fail me.