PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Of course I can land in your front garden
Old 11th Feb 2003, 12:33
Oscar Duece

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Spot on ajsh

I have been flying for about 5 years now. Mainly AA5's and Pa28's with a bit of aweful katana's thrown in. All at about £ 100 an hour. Business commitments meant a rather lean period this last 12/18 months with only an hour or two. So went looking for something different / fun whcich could not be found at Southamtpon at said £ 100 ph.
Had a flight in a citabria and an auster and loved it. Brought back the smile I'd lost since really training on a C150. Started looking at costs, heard about the pfa and realised you can have fun and for less than £ 100 ph. So just bought an Auster project and looking forward to fun frugal flying in a year / 18 months.
But when said friends at flying club heard and I would not be renewing £ 80 club fee. I was treated like John Prescott. How dare I go against the grain of flying at less than £ 100 pa form a lovely tarmac haven and a heated office. They wanted me out the door before I spread any infection. Money grabbing pompus twits.

To summary. grass roots / grass strip flying is the biggest smile factor out there. It's even kinder to your pocket. I now have only pitty for the rude, weekend, 2 miles of tarmac, spam can, le 2k drivers. That frequent such clubs.....

Note: Austers rule OK...