PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 21:28
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAG is no doubt out of the question because of the Stansted takeover.

GIP have already got the much bigger Gatwick and Edinburgh airports and are still focusing very much on those. Would they really want to take Belfast on as well?

Would BAA (Heathrow Airport Holdings) be allowed to buy Belfast?

Perhaps the peel group who own Liverpool, Doncaster and Teesside? (Might be good for Wizz if they got LTN, since they already work with them at LPL and DSA).

I think the Peel Group would suit best out of the main ones in the UK but not sure how realistic that would be. Perhaps somebody else may pop up from somewhere, may be somebody who would take on both Belfast and Luton? It seems Cardiff is already on track to being bought by the Welsh government.
As someone said earlier, Luton is just a long term lease so is it really a big part of the deal?.

IMHO, BAA wouldn't be interested because of the relatively small market and competition(/obliteration) from DUB.

Someone earlier mentioned BHD(and whatever Investment firm currently owns them presumably) as potential suitors but given the massive negative equity sitting down the road, I'm not sure where they would find the capital?

Does anyone know if it is Abertis' airports division that is for sale? Because then you have to factor in Skavsta/Sanford-Orlando (lease) plus a couple of other American ones and a couple of South american ones.

I actually think there is a potential for good investment at BFS if it can be managed correctly, so it will be interesting to see who the runners and riders are!