PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 16:45
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please don't try and suggest my political affiliations
obviously your a Tory lover as you try and pop the blame the tail dragger Lib Dem's way
I was pointing out a discrepancy in YOUR post, not explain my own bias. My politics are between the ballot box and myself. I am fooled by none of their spin.

Whilst we are talking about being factually correct, the only people aircrew actually arrest are the ones that get gripped when (very rarely) Police aircraft land to make an arrest, in the vast majority of cases the aircraft crew assist the ground units by guiding them to a position where they can effect an arrest.

Air Support is exactly that, we are a support service for officers on the ground, some people have been that long in Air Support that they start to believe their own propaganda Air Support is not a panacea it is a 'nice to have'.

Crime figures, the bluntest tool in the box. Easy to manipulate to say exactly what you want it to say, like all statistics.

So your saying we have to make cuts? Does the criminal make cuts??
Yes we do have to make cuts, the criminal will do as they have always done and seize any opportunity given. There is precious little we can do about it.

If you want to get into a long argument about society and it's attitudes to crime and punishment. The way we have over a number of years become a more liberal tolerant society then please do, but at the moment we have to accept
  • The Police are in for a kicking
  • Society cares little about this.
  • Political spin aided by the press is allowing the Government to do it.

If you think that is untrue, have a read of this
The Rest is Silence The Rest is Silence

One reviewer said,
That said, whilst this book is written about the Police, the circumstances are not specific, and this well-researched and neutrally-approached book could be the blueprint for a whole host of other public services being sold off. What James writes about I could easily see being applied to the NHS, Local Authorities, Fire Services, Education.... Cripple it, cut it to the point it begins to fail, then once you publicise how it isn't working offer an alternative of privatisation taking over. All whilst lining the pockets of those in charge.
I am not naive, I am a realist. The writing is on the wall, we can fight and try and save Air Support whilst the Police service goes down the pan.....back to fiddling.