PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can BEng Graduates become B1 Licensed Maintenance Engineers?
Old 24th Feb 2013, 16:19
philw492

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not dismissing monarch completely but they take 4 years and in their own words in the reply I got back from them, they do not guarantee achieving an A licence after the four years. Virgin atlantic do an apprenticeship for three years where they get a B licence from it. I am currently building up my experience during my holidays at Birmingham Airport.

I am only saying that at the moment monarch is not my first choice and won't be my first choice if I can find somewhere that gets me a B licence. Working towards my modules is the advice I have taken from the majority on here and also the line maintenance manager who has helped me get my experience so far and during further university holidays. I am merely trying to find a route into the profession and ideally the quickest and 4 years at monarch after three years at uni and not guaranteeing getting an A licence doesn't appeal to me.

Some people won't like my approach and I am not saying it is the best but after going to uni at the moment I feel like I'm three years behind where I could be in my career. The more of the application process and experience I can do/get whilst at university the better in my opinion and if I can find a fitters job straight after uni to complete my experience then that's great.

The frustration I have stems from airlines telling me I can't do their apprenticeship after uni as I am 'overqualified'.