PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 14:03
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simples, trained in 2007-2008 just before the bubble burst. Yes fell for all of the OAA hype. Nearly 30 guys on my course. About 25-30% have no job but loads of debt, the others are in the lo co trap as contractors. For all the guys who have a job every single one had to pay for their TR one way or another. On a brighter note there is one yes ONE perhaps two who through their own judgment, foresight, good fortune and dam right all out luck have a proper flying job.

Whats the answer? I really don't know but if I were looking at it today perhaps I would think very differently about the risks. I write this not as a bitter unemployed graduate but a very very fortunate one. Its been the most unstable 5 years of my life.

We cant tell you what to do but look at the stats from my course. I did go flight instructing and my advice would be, if you still really want to. A: apply to BA and then apply again. Give it two shots before you do any commercial flight training because then you are not able to apply. If that does not work out go modular and then do a bit of flight instructing. Why? well lets just say once you come off one of these integrated courses you can fly on instruments but really you cant fly for toffee. I learnt to fly flight instructing