PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 13:19
bacp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFRKING- to quote the song 'he must be out of his brilliant mind..da da da dum..." sorry showing my age. Don't go to Indonesia for a job, lovely place for a bit of backpacking, but you will not have a happy experience there as a rookie pilot.

OP - can I add my plea for you not to load yourself up with tons of finance to be a pilot, unless it is money you can afford to gamble with and loose. LUCK is a key and unpredictable factor even for the gifted and well connected. Even if you get on the greasy pole, a gentle shake of the corporate finances will sling you off again. This is happening to 30 of my colleagues at the moment, many of whom are servicing massive debts, some secured by their parents. It is not a happy scenario.
If I may offer some old gits advice, right now aviation as a career stinks, but it might change as global recovery takes place. Therefore, choose another career now and plan to be a pilot when you are 28. This gives you plenty of opportunity to finance the venture, you'll go in with a wider view of life and you will only risk your own finances. Who knows, you may even decide not to be a 'bus driver after all and enjoy a functional social life while the rest of us are ploughing back from Turkey at 4 in the morning!
Best of luck, anyway.