PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 12:10
spider_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in an email from CTC they say the following "You generally receive an allowance during your 6-8 months line training of £1000 - 1200 per month and are employed by ARL once you go on to a permanent FlexiCrew Contract."
What the email fails to mention is the fact you have to pay another £10,000 towards Airbus type rating costs to earn circ. £1,000 per month over 6 months. To me, thats pay to fly.

Further, its not "once" you go onto a permanent contract, but "if" you do.

How many cadets come out of CTC a month - 24? more? If they admit there are no placements anticipated for the remainder of 2013 and there are already 60 in the hold pool, you are looking at 350 cadets waiting for a job from January 2014.

The CTC cadets I know are on the dole, no prospect of a flying job this year, deferring loan payments as long as possible whilst the compound interest piles up, and are living back with the folks. Even if CTC did offer them a placement, they cannot afford the extra 10k for the rating. I accept, it wasn't always like this for graduating cadets, but this seems to be the new reality.