PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can BEng Graduates become B1 Licensed Maintenance Engineers?
Old 24th Feb 2013, 11:17
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with TURIN, the hardest part is getting the experience, even for ex RAF like myself, who found about half the modules were more revision than actually new. Even with the maximum dispensation of experience down to a year, with the various employers I had, it took me almost 3 years to get a basic AML without lying on tasks to make sure it got through the CAA (getting engine experience was the hardest). It has taken me another 18 months to find an employer willing to put me on a type course and drive me though the rating OJT (They have to for my post, other employers that don't have to, won't and I have seen that in other places). Most apprenticeships only do up to cat A, some don't even do that (one place I know only did C&Gs, equalivent to Cat A , but not actually an EASA ticket!) I know of only one apprenticeship course at Lasham, where the guys did the B modules, that was some time ago and I don't know if it continued.