PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots changing career
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 09:57
clunk1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The links were really just to demonstrate you can do pretty much anything, and that pilots are quite good at doing their own thing (focussed, motivated, goal oriented etc). Which is kind of what the OP was asking - is the Pilot skillset you have usefull elsewhere? Not really. Is the Pilot mentality/personality usefull elsewhere? Absolutely. I really wasn't suggesting that you immediately start a pig farm Stocious . Unless you want to - in which case my point is you CAN if you really wanted to make it work.

And no, you don't need a pot of Money to make it happen - I didn't. But you have to be passionate about what you do to be really effective at it - and that's the most important point.

And yes, owning a business can be hard in the first few years. it's not without it's challenges - but it's nice to have a challenge where it's entirely up to you to make a difference. Unlike continually battling management and deplorable (I like that word now) Ts&Cs, bad rosters etc.

My advice isnt necessarily to go a start a business by the way. My advice is to look at what you enjoy, or think you might enjoy and go from there.