PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any news on Barrier? Minus the drift.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 08:09
crayfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The loud smoking gun...

So much passion

We all have opinions some here no doubt from within the operator, some looking from outside and others based on the gossip that circulates around the industry. I guess that is the point of PPRUNE.

One thing I do know is that none of us will really know the facts until the whole affair is over. I do believe that CASA does not go around shutting down operators on a whim. In fact the silent majority that try to do right things in the spirit and intent of the law, to the best of their ability. These folk never seem to have a problem for some reason.

It's those others who will operate on the line and will argue till the cows come home. They often say "The systems stuffed, we are safe, after all we have a perfect safety record." These types are usually the loudest amongst us all, know the law perfectly according to themselves and the ones that more often than not get away with doing the wrong thing. Every time they beat the system they get a little more audacious and arrogant to the point they actually believe themselves.

The following link I read with interest as it was a recent example of an operator being shut down. They too stated they had a "perfect safety" record. It took six incidents and a passenger video camera for our aviation system to finally do the right thing. I think its a sobering example off how much wrong doing is required to get to that point. Read and watch the video.

The law of the Bungles grounds unruly Alligator

Just food for thought...enjoy