PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 07:59
G.S. Willy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flexicrew

Truckflyer and Piloto are giving you good advice Buddington.
CTC Will present to you a "best case scenario" that does not exist anymore.
The chance of you ending up unemployed and heavily in dept along with thousands of others is overwhelming.

I have been in this business for 27 years, in those years I have heard the rumours of pilot shortage several times, it never surfaced.

There is a shortage of experienced pilots in India and China, where the growth will still continue for many years, but to get a job there you already have to be an experienced captain.

I work in China, it's Ok, but I always fight fatigue, due to many sectors and split duty. As for any glory, forget about it, I spend all my nights down route in ****ty hotels with minimum rest.

I have kids, not much younger than you, they have not seen their father much in the last years. I am happy to say that none of them are expressing any interest in following in my footsteps, and if they did, I would talk them out of it. If I would fail to talk them out of it, I would most certainly refuse to put up any money for their training.

You have a dream that most likely will turn into a nightmare, not only for you, but also your family that might be held responsible for your dept.

Get a skill, earn some money, take the modular route. You are young and and have many years to obtain your licenses.
Most of all, never take "advice" from the friendly faces at CTC, they are leading you into a cesspit, taking every cent from you on the way.

Also, read the desperation in other threads on this forum, posted by people with thousands of hours on those shiny jets, but with no job.

Last edited by G.S. Willy; 24th Feb 2013 at 12:40.