PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leuchars Airshow 2013
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2013, 07:41
Kluseau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
The official word from the Battle of Britain Office is that no decision has been made yet regarding the long term future of the airshow.

There is also some scuttlebutt going around that the airfield will remain active?! Certainly if the Lodger units remain, as has also been stated, i.e. EOS U.A.S. and 12 A.E.F.

Another thought, given the suggestion that Leuchars is indeed a more central location from a response point of view,might it be advanced that the airfield may still be used for a QRA Detachment?

FB
I'd love to think there's something in this. But while no decision may yet have been made about the long term future of the airshow, I can't see there being the commitment or resources available in future to run an event that clearly involves a huge amount of work from a lot of people, before, during and afterwards. And while the "Lossiemouth Airshow" has a certain ring to it, its distance from most main centres of population suggest that Lossie is unlikely to be sufficiently accessible to attract the wider public for a grand day out...