PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 22:42
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch winter 13/14

LCA gone completely from a wed flt?
I suppose for the new Sharm El Sheikh service to take effect, another route of a similar-ish sector length had to give, unless the airline had been willing to base a new aircraft at the airport.

During the winter months in Cyprus, tourism on the eastern side of the island (Ayia Napa and Protaras) more or less shuts down. It is Paphos and the Limassol area most where most tourists goes, and I suppose the easyJet service covers this.

Shame to see Larnaca go and hope it returns for Summer 2014.

I did initially think the Sharm El Sheikh route was becoming over saturated with easyJet operating it 6x a week, Thomson twice weekly and now Monarch 3x weekly. But after coming back from there a few weeks ago, I can see why they want a peice of the action too. Both on the outward and return flights easyJet, they were at least 95% full and Jan/Feb is their quiet season!

Im interested to know how Monarch's new service to Munich is going?... I appreciate during the winter months the service is probably popular with skiers, but unsure what market the airline is attracting during the summer months.

Munich is major city in Germany, but never really known it to be a major tourist attractions with Brits in its own right. It is a major commercial centre, but with only three or four flights a week, I doubt they will be attracting many business travellers.

Would be great if they could drop it and maybe fly twice weekly to both Dubrovnik and Venice.