PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 20:44
Buggington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spandex Masher: First off, brilliant name.

I think when I said regional I might have used the wrong term. Perhaps I should have simply said props. Anyway, when I said different, I meant that when you say pilot, I think EasyJet or BA, flying Boeings or Airbuses.

As Seamaster said, I was wrong in thinking there was much of a difference in terms of job opportunities.

Bucket & Spade: Thanks for defending me a little there - it's a bit tough to have all these home truths land in your inbox in one hit!

I have got some experience - I'm working towards my NPPL, which is progressing slightly slower than I would have liked due to college and general time constraints, but it's a start and has shown that I don't become as sick as a parrot once I get in a cockpit.

Maybe I should elaborate on my master plan a little. Once I leave college (having done my A-Levels) I hope to go to work for a bit while I apply to the likes of BA future pilot schemes. It may be a long shot, but I might as well try. I think it opens again in November, which is perfect for me. Following that, the plan was to apply to the likes of CTC and see what happened after that.

Your understanding of the student finance system is correct, but still, £60,000 of my money will eventually be spent on something I am unlikely to enjoy.

Interesting what you say about "It SEEMED that those who trained where I did and had come straight from school to training were those least likely to go straight in to flying jobs." I'm not quite sure what to say to that.