PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Reject Ryanair takeover of Aer Lingus
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 20:18
CPL593H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@floss689

If this was true, then why would anyone fly with EI out of Dublin? At the moment there is plenty of competition which keeps prices checked. This would not be the case with a FR monopoly.
The ticket price differences between Ryanair and Aer Lingus is vast in and out of Ireland. Unless you are talking about buying a ticket about 1-2 days in advance, that might be the only time their prices meet. I have already said, some people are just pathetic and will pay x3 the price for a more padded seat for their backside, or just to spite Ryanair for not providing them with a cup of coffee.

I said I wasn't talking about your personal situation. These cost can be reasonably expected for someone who trains to be a pilot. Trying to make ends meet on 20k while paying back loans would not be easy.
Well people shouldn't be so stupid in the first place by getting themselves into debt on that level, knowing that their first flight role won't be allowing them to pay off all their debt within a year or two. I have no sympathy what so ever for these people. Get a job and open a savings account.

Also, it can be done for a lot less than 100k.

I genuinely wish you luck with your ambition. I just wish new guys coming into the industry could see that they are being taken advantage of.
God, the tea leaf pickers in India who get paid 50p a day must shed a tear now and then for pilots.

Last edited by CPL593H; 23rd Feb 2013 at 20:25.