PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MET Study
Thread: MET Study
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 19:42
MacSki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I started my PPL study I was looking forward to doing the met study so I could finally understand what was happening with the weather and was gutted when my instructor said it was air law book first!

My method was to read through the subject fairly quickly to get a general overview then a second time in more depth aiming to answer the questions at the end of each section. I found I struggled to do this on my first read through but having done a quick read through and got the context the second time I was much better with it. I then focused on the summary sections in the revision book and answering questions.

In met I did as others have said and related situations to the book. What would the weather I am seeing today be recorded in the local MET forecast, what would the local TAF read for the forecast just read out on the radio? This really worked for me and I enjoyed met.

Once I stopped trying to learn from a book and made it all relate to real/practical I found it much easier. Hope that helps for you.