PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 19:21
Buggington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to say, I'm overwhelmed with the negative response to this. I realised that things were far from perfect, but the deluge of negativity (realism?) has definitely made me stop in my tracks.

First of all, I'd like to point out that I am aware of the level of debt that this could get me into. I understand that it will make life hard for the first couple of years, but the plan was to live at home and over pay until it was done. Hopefully by then my salary would have risen, and I could get a life.

Since the beginning of that plan, I've looked into the Flexicrew salaries, and seen how they are. That's put a spanner in the works, to say the least.

In response to Piloto's comment about the jets - I don't necessarily plan to go straight into jets. I think I just assumed that I would go straight into the likes of EasyJet, but I wouldn't mind flying freight or props.

It's safe to say that flying as originally planned won't work. Does anyone know what the situation is like in the regional airlines (i.e. props) or freight? Given that it's a bit different to what everyone thinks of when they talk about being a pilot, maybe there's less competition?

Last edited by Buggington; 23rd Feb 2013 at 19:30.