PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MET Study
Thread: MET Study
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 19:10
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kev,
I took Met first and found it yes, difficult when one is not scientific, but also fascinating, as the weather is all around you, you can relate too it and i ahd some of those "Eureka" moments when I actually understood what was happening when fog was formed, or why we get diurnal variation. I did struggle with Metforms and the Foehn Effect. However, as another poster said, if you don't just read it but REALLY try to understand it, go over it until you do. If that won't work, ask your instructor. That is what he/she is there for! And if they are anything like my FI, they will give you free tutorials

Flash cards are great. They really work for me - although everyone is different. If you use Airquiz, make sure you are getting around 85% before you go for your real exam. May be jsut me, but I was getting 85%/90% in Airquiz...did the real thing and only just scraped a pass!!

LEARN how to read Metform 214 and 215s, as there will be questions on these in the paper. They will give you a scenario and you have to work out whether you would fly, not fly or postpone your flight, by reading teh Metforms...quite tricky!!

The more prepared you are the better you will be!

Good luck

GQ