PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Capt's airside/Armed Forces ID bad-Student ID good (Merged)
Old 11th Feb 2003, 08:06
Crepello

Shining Example, apparently...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I was aware, all UK carriers operating transport category aircraft introduced the photo-ID requirement after 9/11. An interesting point though - I don't know the facts, can anyone clarify?

Llademos, I'm not picking a fight but I find your reply mystifying. Please indicate the sarcasm in my earlier posting, or retract your statement. 'Indignation in spades from just about everyone' sounds hysterical to me, but it's subjective so we'll differ.

The specifics of this case aren't very relevant; there are two issues under debate:

1. Whether Ryanair's ID policy is 'fair'. I reiterate: The rules are clear. If you don't like them, take your custom elsewhere.

2. Whether the rules should be open to interpretation. FR's managers are paid to make the rules. Their staff are paid to enforce them. If rules were bent for all travellers with exceptional circumstances, there'd be no point in having an ID policy.

I generally avoid Ryanair as I don't like their service philosophy. Yes, I think they risk becoming the Ratner's of air travel but they're thriving right now. But here's the bottom line: Unless you're a majority shareholder, you're not in a position to demand changes.