PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots changing career
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 11:23
Stocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely not true. Quality of life is the reason not to be in aviation right now. I know many people earning well into 6 figures, running their own businesses - working from home, working when they want, flying when they want, home every night, home for every birthday, home for every Christmas, etc etc. They do their own thing - and "doing your own thing" is actually what pilots are pretty good at.

So when it comes to 'quality of life' there's no doubt the grass IS greener outside of aviation - it's just that you don't fly planes as much.
As I've said, the grass is always greener. Never mind the fact that to strike it rich in business you have to be very savvy/lucky/put in a lot of hard work. I dare say in the early years of your 'many peoples' businesses, their quality of life wasn't so great with little holidays, long days and lots of stress to think about.

You omit to say what these businesses are, or indeed how they come into it, but it's telling that the three links you post are all described as 'retired'. If I had just retired with a big pot of money I'd perhaps look at doing something interesting with it myself, never mind the fact that I haven't had a vinyard in the family for the last 20 years