PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2003, 05:55
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boots has got it spot on. Does anyone know of anyone daft enough to actually leave at the 17 year point with all the pension/gratuity implications that entails

If anyone is fooled by the new recruiting package then you really need to try and get out a bit more. It's nothing more than a stealth effort to get bums on seats in the frozen north of Ice Station Kilo. And the daft notion that you can "retrain" from Aeop/Wsop to maybe Air Eng or Alm is laughable and if they think anyone other than the gullable spotty faced youth from off the streets is going to fall for it then they are pi@@ed

MACR in important posts is a great idea........or cut out Comissioned Aircrew and save all that pension and gratuity and flying pay costs.............which do you think the bean counters thought was most important

Reality check folks......it's a cost saving exercise with a last ditch attempt to mug enough punters into place in Kinloss.

For my money an offer of 22K at the 22 year point for a return of service to age 47, would'nt help me as I am already at my 29.5 year point so no axe grinding here , and relocating the Grimnod to Lincolnshire would have been two outstanding moves solving retention of quaity AA and increasing the desire of guys to go Aeop/Wsop over night.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced