PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Reject Ryanair takeover of Aer Lingus
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 23:53
CPL593H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@floss689

You cannot compare EI with BA, if you think they are the same, then you really don't know what you are talking about. EI have positioned themselves as a centre market airline between the lo costs and the legacy's and this is proving to work well for them.
Re-positioning themselves to sell their tickets ever so slightly less, but still an extortionate rip off price, doesn't exactly make them a 'centre market airline'.

You'd happily work for 20k; try living on that with a flight training loan of 100k and a mortgage/rent. (I'm not talking about you personally but most people have these cost) Trust me, after 5 years of working for FR you won't be singing their praises so much. When you realise how the staff are treated and realise how treating the staff like this is part of the reason fares are lower. But you are young and naive and I know what ever I say you won't listen to because you already know it all
You're wrong buddy. I won't have any loans of £100,000. I intend to work up to ATPL via the modular route using my own money, while at the same time holding down full time employment. No bank loans. No family loans/gifts. It will take a good number of years to do this, I am aware of that. Rent, not much of an issue when you have a girlfriend in decent employment paying 50% of the rent in a sensibly priced accommodation.

Generations of my family have worked down coal pits for decades. They weren't working on anything near 20k, and I am pretty sure they were treated a lot worse than pilots and cabin crew at Ryanair. Nevertheless they didn't walk out after 18 months in tears over their working conditions. I know what to expect of Ryanair. I have done enough reading on here and came to my conclusions.

Maybe an attitude you should think about changing if you want to have a successful career as a pilot.
I highly doubt that my keyboard mannerisms in debating/discussing with you lot, is going to impact too heavily upon my future career. Do you like drone aviators?