PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC or OAA?
Thread: CTC or OAA?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 22:54
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Placed?

Flaps 15,

You say CTC have "placed" cadets at Cathay, Qatar and Vietnam Jetstar. Getting placed at "assessment" stage as you put it isn't a job offer. A University in Queensland Australia also "places" some of it's students from it's flying course at Cathay stage 1. Something they could have got by simply applying on line like everyone else with a fATPL.

I went on the the CTC website and must say that it looked very slick. What it didn't have on it was anything saying they had an affiliation with Qatar, Cathay or Vietnam Jetstar. That would lead me to believe they have no power to "place" anyone with these airlines. What is more likely to have happened is Qatar and Vietnam Jetstar may have asked for some "handpicked" cadets so these two airlines could see if recruiting direct from a flying school would be feasible for them in the future. Seeing as they don't appear on the CTC website now I wouldn't use the "my mate got into Qatar after going to CTC" as a reason for you to go there.

Air New Zealand took some CTC cadets (4) a while ago but decided against recruiting fresh CPL holders after if was found that it was too expensive to get them up to standard as opposed to the people they were sourcing already from traditional means.

China Airlines also tried this with some Oxford cadets in 2007 and didn't continue with the scheme either.

Last edited by pilotchute; 22nd Feb 2013 at 22:56.