PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Licensing / FCL Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 21:08
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
consequently in order to ensure that your licence is definitely considered as valid the CAA say that it should not be cut up. If you then choose to cut up your licence (despite advice from the CAA to the contrary) and a flight gets delayed then it probably will not be viewed favourably by your employer.
That was the same that was put out with the JAR license. And was proved to be not a problem as a neatly chopped up license looks as valid as any other european state. As there were more chopped up licenses than not.

Which is why I suspect the only time it will be an issue will be when Gatwick gets its hands on your license.

Someone did actually send an email out last time to all the NAA's about the UK JAR license getting chopped up. It was mentioned by a ramp inspection to me as mine was. They then laughed and sent me on my way. After a "well how the else is it meant to fit in the holder"

Unfortuantely the UK CAA doesn't seem to realise that actually they are alot of the time seen as the laughing stock of the other NAA's.

Harsh but they do seem to concentrate on the niff naff and triva which is cheap instead of issues that really affect flight safety.