PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel Blogger Thrown Off a United Airlines Flight for Taking Pictures
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 20:10
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy. I would hate to see how she'd cope on a Saturday night Ibiza! No matter how awful a passenger is you must tell the complete truth and state the facts only. It seems in this case she lied.

As a former FA, the only time I'd take issue to was filming certain procedures - and then it was a polite "sorry, but we don't permit photography in the cabin". Sometimes you'd get a snotty answer but as long as filming stops then I've achieved what I wanted them to do and left it at that. I've never felt the need to take it further.

This industry just attracts idiots unfortunately who go on power trips. When you think of the two other high profile meltdowns that FAs have had in the USA recently I can't help but think something could be improved in terms of recruitment and training.

We have the same pressures and threats that they have in the US but I can't remember any European meltdowns whilst on duty.