PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Effect of new wind farms on Low level flying
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 06:12
Old-Duffer

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I live near the junction of the M1/M6 and A14 - no not Watford Gap Services!! There are very many wind farms and ongoing projects for both single and multiple turbines, the largest being two projects of six and five but in adjoining fields. I find them intrusive and visually so from a great distance. It also irritates me greatly when the blades are still after all that money - mostly our money - has been poured into their construction.

The most recent project, which was exceptionally well documented by the applicant's agent, contained various comments about the MOD not being able to comment on safety issues at the application stage and various other public'government bodies also being reluctant to offer an opinion.

I got on my high horse at this point and my principal written objection was that without an aviation safety case the project should not be approved and if it was and there was an accident, I reserved the right to institute legal proceedings against named individuals for negligence and corporate proceedings against the developers and their agents. I then submitted a detailed assessment of the risks, as I saw them, to various bits of civil and military aviation which operated in the area. This assessment identified the risks and the consequences and I subsequently reinforced my objection following the recent accident in London.

I doubt anybody will take notice.

Old Duffer