PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying is my passion but need 9ja connection asap
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 03:15
250hrsand counting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Patience is golden even if it feels like forever(godsent)

I am a 250 hr commercial pilot with Multi and instrument rating and need a flying job in Nigeria. I worked at a bank in 2008, got a visa to come to North America and used all my savings to get a commercial pilot license(a risky decision which i hope will pay off soonish) Soar the skies once and you are hooked for life,The sounds of the engine on takeoff and descent is immortal and heavenly(but you guys know that already).

Flying to me is a place where i can truly be myself and leave all that is not me on the earth.My mentor who just passed away last year after loosing his battle with cancer helped me a lot and my gratitude goes out to the famous Captain O in heaven.On his death bed he sent me to a few contacts at Air Nigeria (where he flew) and another major airline but all promised interviews which i never got(in 9ja only GOD and connections gets you almost anything but right now my connections are not rock solid).

It is precisely one year and 6 months since i got my CPL and its really expensive staying current. i was back home in 2011 to convert my license to a NCAA CPL as i didn't have the connections i could not get a job after flooding all the airlines at Murtala Muhammed International Airport with my resume. I only came back to to get my residency(which i got)working on getting my IATRA written(work in progress)

I'm still trying to get into regional airlines as a dispatch/rampie here in NWO as long as a right seat is guaranteed after a period of 1 year but no luck yet. All i here is you are determined but the season is slow .( save me that crap and lemme work,the hiring season for pilots due to weather is from March-October)At the end of the day i somehow feel that it's a person that understands where i am coming from and where i am going to(one who is willing to take a chance on me to better and improve my skills) that will give me a break.I would like to fly for carriers back home for starters but at this point in time as long as i can get more skills, experience and education God and patience will just have to be the key. Any help will be much appreciated.

Quitting is not an option as i am following aviation wherever it takes me
Take the bull by the horn and be the captain of your life.

Last edited by 250hrsand counting; 25th Feb 2013 at 06:20. Reason: I just felt it could use a touch up and its better to keep airlines anonymous in my posts if i plan to work for them in future(correct me if im wrong)